Dubai World Cup Betting 2022
Commercial content | T&C apply | Please play responsibly | 18+
The 2020 running of the Dubai World Cup was cancelled, but they came back in 2021 with the 25th edition. The 26th running of the Dubai World Cup is set to be staged on Saturday 26th March 2022.
Staged at Meydan racecourse in Dubai and run on their dirt track over a trip of 1m2f, the Dubai World Cup is dubbed as the world’s richest horse race, with the 2019 running of the Dubai World Cup having a purse of $12 US dollars.
In 2022, horse racing fans will once again have the opportunity to see some of the best dirt horses in the world locking horns over 10 furlongs (2000m) in pursuit of a share of $12,000,000 prize money – in 2021 the winner, Mystic Guide, won just over £5.6 million.
If you want more information about horse racing betting, check our page dedicated to horse racing betting (best horse racing events to bet on).
Dubai World Cup Runners / Favourites
The runners for the 2022 renewal will become known to bookmakers and punters in the build-up to the race – the 2018 and 2019 winner – Thunder Snow has now been retired to stud so won’t be back to try to take back his crown, however, Mystic Guide could be back to try to guard his title.
With an incredible nine wins in the race then any Dubai World Cup runners that trainer Saeed Bin Suroor has in the race should always be given a second glance.
Dubai World Cup 2022 Betting Tips
Since its inception in 1996 when the Dubai World Cup immediately established itself as a major international contest due to the victory of the great US-trained Cigar, the race has been won by a host of star performers. In 1997 Sir Michael Stoute became the only British trainer to win when his tremendous colt Singspiel landed the spoils, while the brilliant Godolphin-owned Dubai Millenium romped to extraordinary success in 2000 under Frankie Dettori.
Trained by Saeed bin Suroor, (who with a remarkable total of nine wins stands head and shoulders above his rivals as the winning-most trainer in the history of the race), Dubai Millennium was the first of eight winners of the race for the sponsors, who have also taken the last two renewals with Thunder Snow, the only horse to win the race twice.
Other Dubai World Cup tips to take into account when looking at the final runners of the race are that ALL of the last 10 winners had landed a Group 1 or 2 race before and also raced in the last 8 weeks, while 80% of the last 10 winners had finished first or second in their last race.
Which Australian Bookies can you use to bet on Dubai World Cup?
Most major Australian firms tend to have the World Cup Night races priced up ante-post, with many also offering markets on the Meydan card.
The Dubai World Cup is also the showcase event and highlight of the Dubai Winter Carnival that is normally staged every Thursday during January, February and March – culminating with the Dubai World Cup fixture at the end of March.
Dubai World Cup 2021 Lineup
The final finishing order for the 2021 edition of the Dubai World Cup was as follows:
|5th||Salute The Soldier||$360,000|
|9th||Gifts of Gold|
|10th||Sleepy Eyes Todd|
Dubai World Cup Previous Winners
The international reputation of the Dubai World Cup was enhanced when the Argentinian-bred monster of a horse Invasor stormed to victory in 2007. US superstar Curlin triumphed in 2008 under Robby Albarado for Steve Asmussen, and the next decade began with Brazil’s Gloria de Campeao, prepared in France by Pascal Bary, landing another famous success for South America.
When Japan’s star horse Victoire Pisa added his name to the winning roster in 2011, the Dubai World Cup could safely claim to truly live up to its name.
The first-ever running of the Dubai World Cup went to Cigar (1996) – he was ridden by US jockey Jerry Bailey, who later went onto win the race three more times with other horses. Jerry Bailey is still the most successful jockey in the race with four wins (Frankie Dettori has 3 wins), while trainer Saeed Bin Suroor has a staggering nine successes to his name, and owners Godolphin have 8 wins.
In 2019, the Godolphin-owned Thunder Snow became the first horse in Dubai World Cup history to win the race twice, having also won the race in 2018.
Previous Winners Statistics
- 2021 – Mystic Guide (USA) (4): Luis Saez / Michael Stidham – 6/4 (fav)
- 2019 – Thunder Snow (UAE) (5): Christophe Soumillon / Saeed Bin Suroor – 4/1
- 2018 – Thunder Snow (UAE) (4): Christophe Soumillon / Saeed Bin Suroor – 8/1
- 2017 – Arrogate (USA) (4) : Mike E Smith / Bob Baffert – 1/3 (fav)
- 2016 – California Chrome (USA) (5) : Victor Espinoza / Art Sherman – 15/8 (jfav)
- 2015 – Prince Bishop (UAE) (8): William Buick / Saeed Bin Suroor – 14/1
- 2014 – African Story (UAE) (7): Silvestre de Sousa / Saeed Bin Suroor – 12/1
- 2013 – Animal Kingdom (USA) (5): Joel Rosario/ Graham Motion – 11/2
- 2012 – Monterosso (UAE) (5): Mickael Barzalona/M Al Zarooni – 20/1
- 2011 – Victoire Pisa (JPN (4): Mirco Demuro/Katsuhiko Sumii – 12/1
- 2010 – Gloria de Campeao (FRA) (6): T. J. Pereira/Pascal Bary – 16/1
- 2009 – Well Armed (USA) (6): Aaron Gryder/Eoin G. Harty – 10/1
- 2008 – Curlin (USA) (4): Robby Albarado/Steve Asmussen – 4/11 (fav)
- 2007 – Invasor (USA) (5): Fernando Jara/K McLaughlin – 5/4 (fav)
- 2006 – Electrocutionist (UAE) (5): Frankie Dettori/Saeed bin Suroor – 5/4 (fav)
- 2005 – Roses in May (USA) (5): John Velazquez/Dale Romans – 11/8 (fav)
- 2004 – Pleasantly Perfect (USA) (6): Alex Solis/Richard Mandella – 5/2
- 2003 – Moon Ballad (UAE) (4): Frankie Dettori/Saeed bin Suroor – 11/4
- 2002 – Street Cry (UAE) (4): Jerry Bailey/Saeed bin Suroor – 9/2
- 2001 – Captain Steve (USA) (4): Jerry Bailey/Bob Baffert – 7/4 (jfav)
- 2000 – Dubai Millennium (UAE) (4): Frankie Dettori/Saeed bin Suroor –
- 1999 – Almutawakel (UAE) (4): Richard Hills/Saeed bin Suroor –
- 1998 – Silver Charm (USA) (4): Gary Stevens/Bob Baffert –
- 1997 – Singspiel (GB) (5): Jerry Bailey/Michael Stoute –
- 1996 – Cigar (USA) (6): Jerry Bailey/Bill Mott –
Trained Dubai Cup Winners
Where are you most and least likely to find a Dubai Cup winner trained? We’ve compiled statistics from the last 24 years to help you sieve through the 2022 field.
- 12/25 – Trained in the USA
- 10/25 – Trained in UAE
- 1/25 – Trained in GB
- 1/25 – Trained in Japan
- 1/25 – Trained in France
Dubai World Cup Trends – Last 10 years
We’ve compiled some stand out trends since run at Meydan (2010), to help you place an informed bet for the 2022 Dubai World Cup:
- 10/10 – Previous Group 1 or 2 winners
- 10/10 – Had raced in the last 8 weeks
- 9/10 – Had won over 1m2f before
- 8/10 – Had raced in the last 4 weeks
- 8/10 – Finished 1st or 2nd last time out
- 8/10 – Previous Group 1 winners
- 7/10 – Didn’t win their last race
- 7/10 – Officially rated between 119-123
- 7/10 – Aged 5 or older
- 7/10 – Had won at the track before
- 6/10 – Unplaced favourites
- 5/10 – Returned a double-figure price
- 4/10 – Came from stalls 5-8 (inclusive)
- 2/10 – Winning favourite
- The average SP in the last 9 runnings is 11/1
Dubai World Cup Purse
With more than £25m in prize money across the eight-race card, which also includes Group 1 races in the Al Quoz Sprint, the Dubai Golden Shaheen, the Dubai Turf and the Dubai Sheema Classic before the big event itself, the Dubai World Cup.
Entrants come from the United States, Australia, Japan, Hong Kong and Europe to bid for glory on this lucrative card.
Dubai World Cup Prize Money Split
In 2021, the Dubai World Cup Prize Pool was spit according to the following amounts:
How to watch the Dubai World Cup?
Fans can watch the Dubai World Cup race card live from some race tracks in Australia. Some bookies offer a live stream of the race card that bettors can watch from the comfort of home.
Dubai operates in the Gulf Standard Time. That means Australia (AEST) is 6 hours ahead of Dubai. The start time of the Dubai World Cup race program has yet to be decided.
Races from the Dubai World Cup card can be streamed online at Racing TV among other online wagering sites:
Dubai World Cup 2022 Live Streaming
It is possible that some online bookmakers will offer the possibility to live stream the Dubai World Cup 2022, however, there will most likely be terms and conditions that will need to be met in order to access this. Check with the T&Cs of your desired bookmaker beforehand to make sure you don’t miss out.